France is a Western European country with which almost every traveler is in love. Many people find France as their dream destination. The natural landscape and picturesque surroundings of this country attract millions of people from all over the world. The beautiful islands well complement the topography of France. The formation of these islands in France is a result of tectonic episodes. This is what makes France one of the most attractive countries. France does not have a uniform climatic condition because of its space and geographical location. You cannot miss out on a single thing while visiting France.
Reasons to visit France
There are plenty of reasons why people can and should travel to France. France is known for its great artists, writers, and philosophers. It is present in almost every corner of the streets of France. People explore these corners of this country also for immersing in the very beautiful and sophisticated language in the world- French. People take a keen interest in learning this language and are drawn towards this European country’s geographical diversity. From the beautiful long coastlines, farmland vistas to the breathtaking mountain ranges- France has all of them in store for its visitors.
Popular French cities to explore
People sometimes can take months to explore the vast country of France. However, there are some of the must-visit places in France that deserve to be explored at least once in your entire lifetime. There are some incredible and fun religious cities and villages with many unique things to catch a sight of. Some of these stunning places to visit in France are:
1. Bordeaux – This is one of the most favorite and the most explored cities of France. It is also known for being the wine capital of this country. This is because you can find many wine connoisseurs across the streets of Bordeaux. People who travel to this city can find many historical monuments, restaurants for a gourmet dining experience, and many small markets. Food in this French city never disappoints the tourists coming here from all over the world.
2. Paris – This is another most favorite city in France. People are crazy about this place as they find it extremely romantic and often come with their partners. Paris is such a city that you can probably visit more than once. The Eiffel Tower, as we all know, is one of the major attractions of Paris. You can say that people visit Paris for the only purpose, that is, the Eiffel Tower. The marvelous artwork and the outstanding cathedrals in Paris also blow away the minds of the visitors.
3. Nice – This is France’s most charming city and is worth every visit. There are some stunning beaches where you can enjoy an extremely peaceful evening with your friends and family. Apart from that, you can also try the most famous food found exclusively in this city. This must-try food is ‘socca’ that is made out of chickpea flour.
4. Rocamadour – This is such a French city that will not disappoint you. This city has been claimed to be UNESCO’s World Heritage site. The clifftop village that you find in this city of Rocamadour can most definitely steal the hearts of visitors worldwide. The picturesque castles and the narrow streets filled with cobblestones are a must to enjoy. You can find some spectacular views while walking along the streets of Rocamadour.
5. The Alsace Region – This is one of the most magnificent districts of France. It is known for being quite historically acclaimed. There are some beautiful villages and gothic churches to explore. The Alsace region houses cover some unique and colorful houses that the visitors fall in love with.
Activities You Can Enjoy in France
Apart from the cities, as mentioned above in France, many other regions and districts are quite popular and well-known. Some of the remaining places are Saint Emilion, Dordogne Valley, Nimes, The French Alps, Lille, Saint-Tropez, Cannes, and others. There are plenty of activities that tourists can enjoy in these cities in France. When planning a trip to France, you need to do these fun and exciting activities. Some of these activities include:
● One of the most enchanting and magical activities to do in France is to visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Early evening is the best time to do so as you can watch the most elegant scenario of sunset.
● You can enjoy a cruising experience on the Seine River. You can enjoy the boat tours of Bateaux-Mouches. People can either enjoy early morning tours, lunch cruises, or even a dinnertime romantic cruise. You can watch the monuments along the river while on the cruise.
● Visit the beautiful Louvre Museum and explore its royal residence. The collection of artwork in this museum is quite rich and diverse.
● Explore the Palace of Versailles
● You can take a relaxing pilgrimage tour to Mont Saint-Michel. People visit this place as it is one of the most striking landmarks of France.
● You can travel through the Chateaux Loire Valley. The Renaissance structures on the hilltops here are quite mesmerizing and have the most magnificent design.
● Explore the beautiful lavender fields of Provence. You will find it beautiful, vibrant, and breathtaking. The visitors are enchanted by the sweet smell of the purple lavenders.
Enjoy the diverse French cuisine
France is such a country that is known for its wine and food. The fine dining and drinking experience at the top-most restaurants of France speak for the wonderful taste itself. Local delicacies in France to give a certain idea about the French cuisine to the tourists visiting this place. French bistros and brasseries can be found in almost every corner of the streets of France. France is also known for its variety of loaves of bread and pastries. Baguette is one of the most popular types of loaves of bread found in France. French pastries, on the other hand, constitute quite a large part of French cuisine. Now, France is not all about loaves of bread and pastries. You can also find quite tasty regional dishes that everyone must try. Some of the regional dishes of France are choucroute, cassoulet, Flammekueche, Baeckeoffe, Raclette, and many others. So, it is important that you try these dishes while visiting France.
Did 2020 suck out all the energy from you? Don’t worry. You are not alone. 2020 was the worst year for literally everyone on the planet, be it the working class or business owners. Everyone suffered too many losses and had to do too much work to make up for the loss. But since the lockdown is now over, you can finally get back at your life.
Enjoy this year to the fullest, and make sure to do it right by starting 2021 with a banger of a vacation. We know you deserve a vacation after the yearlong awfulness that came your way. But thankfully, the year is over, and you can be anywhere you want to be in the world. Want suggestions? Well, don’t worry about that either we have got you covered.
The greatness In France!
What comes to your mind when you think about vacations or Amazing views and culture drowned into? According to all, the best place in France and it is now open and waiting for you! France has the most amazing history of welcoming tourists looking for a way out and relaxing them while providing a million things they can see, enjoy, and experience. If you enjoy amazing infrastructure, this place holds what your eyes want to see, almost at every corner.
Setting your Travel Standards
If you are a new tourist and haven’t gone anywhere abroad, then this is it! You are in for a wonderful experience, and we would like to urge anyone who hasn’t been to France to go there and make that place somewhere they tour for the first time. And the people who have been there, well, they don’t need any convincing to do because they know exactly what waits for them in France. France is a beautiful place to visit.
Travel in France is the most important element in the checklist of people who enjoy traveling and want to see the world; they even start their journey of going around the world through France! And of course, who hasn’t heard those amazing backpacking stories that happen in France. But do you want to keep hearing stories? No, right? Please make your own stories your way and make it the next best and hot topic at the friend’s meeting! And don’t you worry, once you land here, you will have millions of stories to tell just like everyone who visited this magical land.
The tourism industry was one of the industries that have taken a huge downfall due to the pandemic and all the adversities that 2020 brings, but that hasn’t broken down anyone’s spirits from here. These people are still headstrong and work daily to make the best for this industry and keep France for what it’s known for globally, the things that make France the most happening, famous, and romantic place in the world!
Change your Life in 2021 With Art, Museums, Romance, and Food!
May 2021 bring good things all over the world and for you too! But even if you can’t expect that promise, France will surely make it worth your time! If you are a fanatic for art, then there is no reason even to say anything about what France and its cities hold for you. You will find artists and their masterpieces almost in every corner of France. You can visit the world-famous museums that are eagerly waiting for you. You can visit art galleries and oh, don’t you worry, even if you don’t fancy art, there is always food that will make you fall in love with every single place you visit.
France has the most amazing history that is often told through its museums and no, we are not going to spoil the fun for you, but we can assure you that the second you arrive in France, you will fall in love with the people and their culture. It’s no joke when people call France the most romantic place on earth, just another perk of travel in France!
Millions of people have made their romantic stories here, millions of proposals have already been successful here, and well, just a side note, a proposal in France rarely goes sideways, so make it something on your top list if you are planning on popping up that question! The city of Light, the city that has love built-in itself, Paris, the most wonderful place on earth and has millions of reasons why people love Paris so much, why the movies are so beautiful when they have the element of being in Paris in them. Many romantic movies are set here, just because the place provides the best environment that shouts romance and love right at your face. Let us know how you can even resist not being poetic once you are in France!?
Now, if you are a fanatic of food or a food blogger, then this was it, wasn’t it? This is the place you’ve been dying to visit, because where else will you get such a high amount of content relating to food? The food in France is great, and it is impossible to shorten it and write it in a single article. And we are sure you must have been read thousands of articles about food in France, especially if you are looking forward to visiting it.
But did you notice that each article has a separate place enlisted in them? That’s because every city has something great to offer and you have thousands of options to visit, simply impossible to have a favorite in France no matter where you go when you go, and for what purpose you go. Museums, romantic locations, and food or wine and every aspect of travel just excel in France, and it is now only missing you! Since the awful year of 2020 is over and you can responsibly travel to places, you should make it your top priority to visit France and experience the greatness that lies there!
France – a country that is present in almost everyone’s list of places to visit. It is a country that is fantasised about in movies, is beautifully described in the books, but most of all, it is a country romanticised by many. With so many museums to visit, so many cafes to hunt, the country seems to be very inviting. As such, it being a dream destination for many people is quite understandable. If you want to visit this artful and aesthetic country, here is everything you need to know about travel in France that should be included in your planning before you visit the country.
Its famous points
France is famous for various reasons, but one of the reasons why it is famous is because of the name it has made for itself in the industry of fashion, art, cafe, and perfumery. However, this is not to say that the country is limited only to these features, for it has a lot to offer to the tourists. This guide will be taking you on a tour of what to expect from the country and how to make the most out of your holiday in France.
France is a country in the continent of Europe and is situated on the western edge. The Bay of Biscay or North Atlantic Ocean borders it in the west, and the English Channel borders it in the northwest. The North sea further borders it in its northern edge.
Most visited place
Did you know that France is one of the most visited countries in the world? This should not take anyone by surprise because it is the home to some of the most renowned and magnificent wonders in the world, which include the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, which is the world’s largest museum, the Latin Quarter, the Georges Pompidou Center, Montmartre, and the Cathedral of Notre Dame. It is also a place of preference for many book lovers and coffee shop lovers, for it is the home to Shakespeare and Company, which is probably the most famous bookstore in the world. Moreover, if you love to go to coffee shop hunting, then there is no place better for you than France.
Travel in France
When you are visiting a new country, there are several things to keep in mind, such as the dress code, the language, the etiquette, and many more that will be listed for you below to have a hassle-free journey and visit.
- Take care of your possessions and belongings. This should be a given whether you are visiting France or any other place. The excitement of visiting a new place may leave you feeling careless about your belongings, and you may sometimes even forget them in your rental car. You have to pay attention to your luggage at all times, and it is best to store it someplace safe rather than carry it wherever you go so that you do not misplace it.
- When in France, be like the French. French people love tourists who try to engage in their culture as much as possible, and one way to do this is by learning to speak the language they speak. Before your visit, take some French lessons and learn some French mannerisms. Perfect your French accent and try to indulge with them as much as you can. This will not only make them happy and much friendlier towards you, but it will also make your communication process easy and your journey a lot more fun.
- You should always try and pass a compliment to your French companion, and if you do it in French, it is even better. They love receiving compliments, especially from tourists, so research upon some bets and random compliments you can give to your French companion.
- The next thing you should know and perhaps it is also the most important point is to know about the transport system. It is recommended that you try to take the train at all times and while it may not be the quickest mode of transportation, it is the safest way, which is very necessary especially when you are visiting a new place. The only time you should probably be hiring a cab is when you’re going to the airport or arriving from the same.
These are some of the most useful and effective tips that can come in handy for you when in France. Now that you know what things you should be taking care of, here is a list of places you should not miss out on and the list of activities you should certainly do when in France.
Places to visit
- If you love art, then whether you have France on your list or not, The Louvre should certainly be on your bucket list. It is the world’s largest art museum, and the beauty and aesthetic of the place is perhaps unmatchable by any other museum. However, its beauty is such that no amount of beautiful words can justify it, and one has to visit the place to witness this beauty.
- One of the reasons why most people visit France is to see the Eiffel Tower for real. This wonder has a lot of history to its credit, and you should certainly visit this place and get to know about it, after which you will begin to admire it even more.
- If you want to escape from the city a bit and be amidst the serenity and tranquility of the countryside, then do visit the countryside of Provence. Bask under the Mediterranean sun and get enveloped in the beauty of nature in this alluring and earthy countryside.
- If you want to shop for books, then do visit Shakespeare and Company.
- You can also go street shopping and cafe hunting in the streets of Paris or perhaps just for a casual stroll.
Here is the essential guide made simple for you so that your trip to France can be as hassle-free as it can get.
Is France on your bucket list too? Congratulation! Here are things you need to know about this pristine country composed of vivid cultures, individuals, and food! Who can miss out on the famous churches and structures like the Eiffel tower! The charm and the art that it holds is like no other country. All you need to do is step your foot onto this magical place and withness the wonders with your eyes. Before starting with this mesmerizing journey, one needs to know a few things about the place. Without any further ado, hop right onto the following points.
Things You Need To Know
France is indeed a beautiful, exotic and dreamy place to visit. And if you are packing your bags to travel there, you should be prepared in-hand for the trip as well! Here is a list of things you need to know about before setting off your France journey.
- Firstly, the French people love their mother tongue, so try learning a little bit of French. It’s quite impressive, and undoubtedly, it’s one of the most beautiful languages in the world. Moreover, it is essential to learn the basics to be polite with the citizens.
- The main currency that flows in the market is euros and not dollars. Some individuals do get confused about that.
- International credits are accepted, and ATMs are very readily available.
- The plugs available in France are Type C, E, and it would be wise to buy a universal adapter to stay on the safer side.
- It is a safe country for traveling solo. But beware of pickpockets and tourist scams. Well, it’s something familiar in every place but be extra cautious when visiting a crowded site.
- Don’t forget to tip at restaurants or after you take a cab service even though it is not necessary and mostly included in the bills.
- If you need an emergency the call 112 straight away, and they will be there to help you with your problems.
- Remember not to drop your passport or ID at your hotel rooms. It would help if you carried it everywhere.
- Did you hear about the stereotypes that French people are rude? Well, that’s a wrong notion. They are incredibly kind, and maybe a little French would bring a smile to their face.
- English is not spoken much by the people, and France doesn’t start or end with Paris. Explore the country and not just Paris. It’s a great country, after all.
- The French charge heft amounts of fine if you break traffic rules.
Best Time To Visit France
You might wonder the best time to visit this magnificent country. The hotel rates are lower during its should season. Visit during the months from April to June and again from September or October to November. Not only hotel rates but also the flight rates will drop. So it would be the best time to visit. The crowd would be less too. You would be able to see your favorite places with fewer lines and easily! If you are planning to travel to France during the summer season, then prepare ahead of time. You need to book the hotel rooms as the demand stays high and the prices hike up.
Don’t forget to carry the essentials with you, including passports, travel documents, money, adapters, medications, chargers, and others. Keep in mind the season you are going to visit the glamorous country and pack your essentials rightly. You can see the country throughout the year without any hassles.
The Capital City of Romance
Paris! The city of romance would leave you baffled as soon as you step into it. You must not miss out on the delicious cuisine and gastronomy. While visiting the city, you must see the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, Quartier Latin, and other famous museums.
Food and Items
The restaurants’ food could be a little pocket-snatching, but you could do with baguettes, cheese, vegetables, meat, and crepes. It would be best if you tried out the French snacks and confectionery. Suppose you are a lover of wine, then no worries at all. You will be getting tons of opportunities to visit premium wine shops! Try out famous dishes that are only exclusive to the country like:
- Gratin Dauphinois
- Pain au chocolat
- Quiche Lorraine
You might find the above items in your country, but it can’t beat up its home country. So, you must try all of them and taste heaven yourself! There are other French delicacies as well that you could hit upon any time during your visit.
Number of days to visit
If you want to visit most of the country and experience each aspect, it’s advisable to travel around 6 to 7 days. The maximum time it could take is 14 days and not more than that. Remember that you have gone to enjoy and spend a relaxing time. You don’t want to rush things up and spend your holidays like a jockey race! If you want a relaxing time without any mess, try to spend at least seven days in France. There is a lot to discover starting from church, sculptures, food, museums, art galleries, shopping, and much more. The nightlife in France is very robust, and you will not find yourself alone in the crowd.
You can visit France anytime during the year. There is no hell and bound rule that you need to travel during the off-shoulders only. You can stay in the summer season too. However, the prices in peak time remain relatively high for both hotels and planes. If you want to travel without a hassle, then consider traveling for a minimum of six to seven days. You need to know that France is famous for many things and its distinct cuisine so don’t miss out. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and fasten your seatbelts, and get ready for an extraordinary journey!
Traveling through France seems to be a very costly business, second to traveling across Europe to Italy. It will be difficult for someone on a tight budget and experience…
In the present time, people do many different things to spend their vacation. Travelling is one of them. People like to travel as well as to explore different places of…
When it comes to spending vacations in foreign nations, France comes as one of the preferred ones. In other terms, it lies on the creamy layer of the bucket list…
There are many places that you can travel to. People love to travel for leisure and entertainment in their free time. The best time to plan a visit is when…
France is a Western European country with which almost every traveler is in love. Many people find France as their dream destination. The natural landscape and picturesque surroundings of this…
The Europe tour is not complete unless you have one picture by the Eiffel tower. The city of romance has managed to attract tourists from all over the world. The…
Bored of that same old 9 to 6 job routine? Want break? Want to travel and explore your imagination? What’s stopping you then? Money, confusion, holiday, “come on,” “buck up!”…
Did 2020 suck out all the energy from you? Don’t worry. You are not alone. 2020 was the worst year for literally everyone on the planet, be it the working…
France – a country that is present in almost everyone’s list of places to visit. It is a country that is fantasised about in movies, is beautifully described in the…