France – a country that is present in almost everyone’s list of places to visit. It is a country that is fantasised about in movies, is beautifully described in the books, but most of all, it is a country romanticised by many. With so many museums to visit, so many cafes to hunt, the country seems to be very inviting. As such, it being a dream destination for many people is quite understandable. If you want to visit this artful and aesthetic country, here is everything you need to know about travel in France that should be included in your planning before you visit the country.
Its famous points
France is famous for various reasons, but one of the reasons why it is famous is because of the name it has made for itself in the industry of fashion, art, cafe, and perfumery. However, this is not to say that the country is limited only to these features, for it has a lot to offer to the tourists. This guide will be taking you on a tour of what to expect from the country and how to make the most out of your holiday in France.
France is a country in the continent of Europe and is situated on the western edge. The Bay of Biscay or North Atlantic Ocean borders it in the west, and the English Channel borders it in the northwest. The North sea further borders it in its northern edge.
Most visited place
Did you know that France is one of the most visited countries in the world? This should not take anyone by surprise because it is the home to some of the most renowned and magnificent wonders in the world, which include the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, which is the world’s largest museum, the Latin Quarter, the Georges Pompidou Center, Montmartre, and the Cathedral of Notre Dame. It is also a place of preference for many book lovers and coffee shop lovers, for it is the home to Shakespeare and Company, which is probably the most famous bookstore in the world. Moreover, if you love to go to coffee shop hunting, then there is no place better for you than France.
Travel in France
When you are visiting a new country, there are several things to keep in mind, such as the dress code, the language, the etiquette, and many more that will be listed for you below to have a hassle-free journey and visit.
- Take care of your possessions and belongings. This should be a given whether you are visiting France or any other place. The excitement of visiting a new place may leave you feeling careless about your belongings, and you may sometimes even forget them in your rental car. You have to pay attention to your luggage at all times, and it is best to store it someplace safe rather than carry it wherever you go so that you do not misplace it.
- When in France, be like the French. French people love tourists who try to engage in their culture as much as possible, and one way to do this is by learning to speak the language they speak. Before your visit, take some French lessons and learn some French mannerisms. Perfect your French accent and try to indulge with them as much as you can. This will not only make them happy and much friendlier towards you, but it will also make your communication process easy and your journey a lot more fun.
- You should always try and pass a compliment to your French companion, and if you do it in French, it is even better. They love receiving compliments, especially from tourists, so research upon some bets and random compliments you can give to your French companion.
- The next thing you should know and perhaps it is also the most important point is to know about the transport system. It is recommended that you try to take the train at all times and while it may not be the quickest mode of transportation, it is the safest way, which is very necessary especially when you are visiting a new place. The only time you should probably be hiring a cab is when you’re going to the airport or arriving from the same.
These are some of the most useful and effective tips that can come in handy for you when in France. Now that you know what things you should be taking care of, here is a list of places you should not miss out on and the list of activities you should certainly do when in France.
Places to visit
- If you love art, then whether you have France on your list or not, The Louvre should certainly be on your bucket list. It is the world’s largest art museum, and the beauty and aesthetic of the place is perhaps unmatchable by any other museum. However, its beauty is such that no amount of beautiful words can justify it, and one has to visit the place to witness this beauty.
- One of the reasons why most people visit France is to see the Eiffel Tower for real. This wonder has a lot of history to its credit, and you should certainly visit this place and get to know about it, after which you will begin to admire it even more.
- If you want to escape from the city a bit and be amidst the serenity and tranquility of the countryside, then do visit the countryside of Provence. Bask under the Mediterranean sun and get enveloped in the beauty of nature in this alluring and earthy countryside.
- If you want to shop for books, then do visit Shakespeare and Company.
- You can also go street shopping and cafe hunting in the streets of Paris or perhaps just for a casual stroll.
Here is the essential guide made simple for you so that your trip to France can be as hassle-free as it can get.