Is France on your bucket list too? Congratulation! Here are things you need to know about this pristine country composed of vivid cultures, individuals, and food! Who can miss out on the famous churches and structures like the Eiffel tower! The charm and the art that it holds is like no other country. All you need to do is step your foot onto this magical place and withness the wonders with your eyes. Before starting with this mesmerizing journey, one needs to know a few things about the place. Without any further ado, hop right onto the following points.
Things You Need To Know
France is indeed a beautiful, exotic and dreamy place to visit. And if you are packing your bags to travel there, you should be prepared in-hand for the trip as well! Here is a list of things you need to know about before setting off your France journey.
- Firstly, the French people love their mother tongue, so try learning a little bit of French. It’s quite impressive, and undoubtedly, it’s one of the most beautiful languages in the world. Moreover, it is essential to learn the basics to be polite with the citizens.
- The main currency that flows in the market is euros and not dollars. Some individuals do get confused about that.
- International credits are accepted, and ATMs are very readily available.
- The plugs available in France are Type C, E, and it would be wise to buy a universal adapter to stay on the safer side.
- It is a safe country for traveling solo. But beware of pickpockets and tourist scams. Well, it’s something familiar in every place but be extra cautious when visiting a crowded site.
- Don’t forget to tip at restaurants or after you take a cab service even though it is not necessary and mostly included in the bills.
- If you need an emergency the call 112 straight away, and they will be there to help you with your problems.
- Remember not to drop your passport or ID at your hotel rooms. It would help if you carried it everywhere.
- Did you hear about the stereotypes that French people are rude? Well, that’s a wrong notion. They are incredibly kind, and maybe a little French would bring a smile to their face.
- English is not spoken much by the people, and France doesn’t start or end with Paris. Explore the country and not just Paris. It’s a great country, after all.
- The French charge heft amounts of fine if you break traffic rules.
Best Time To Visit France
You might wonder the best time to visit this magnificent country. The hotel rates are lower during its should season. Visit during the months from April to June and again from September or October to November. Not only hotel rates but also the flight rates will drop. So it would be the best time to visit. The crowd would be less too. You would be able to see your favorite places with fewer lines and easily! If you are planning to travel to France during the summer season, then prepare ahead of time. You need to book the hotel rooms as the demand stays high and the prices hike up.
Don’t forget to carry the essentials with you, including passports, travel documents, money, adapters, medications, chargers, and others. Keep in mind the season you are going to visit the glamorous country and pack your essentials rightly. You can see the country throughout the year without any hassles.
The Capital City of Romance
Paris! The city of romance would leave you baffled as soon as you step into it. You must not miss out on the delicious cuisine and gastronomy. While visiting the city, you must see the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, Quartier Latin, and other famous museums.
Food and Items
The restaurants’ food could be a little pocket-snatching, but you could do with baguettes, cheese, vegetables, meat, and crepes. It would be best if you tried out the French snacks and confectionery. Suppose you are a lover of wine, then no worries at all. You will be getting tons of opportunities to visit premium wine shops! Try out famous dishes that are only exclusive to the country like:
- Gratin Dauphinois
- Pain au chocolat
- Quiche Lorraine
You might find the above items in your country, but it can’t beat up its home country. So, you must try all of them and taste heaven yourself! There are other French delicacies as well that you could hit upon any time during your visit.
Number of days to visit
If you want to visit most of the country and experience each aspect, it’s advisable to travel around 6 to 7 days. The maximum time it could take is 14 days and not more than that. Remember that you have gone to enjoy and spend a relaxing time. You don’t want to rush things up and spend your holidays like a jockey race! If you want a relaxing time without any mess, try to spend at least seven days in France. There is a lot to discover starting from church, sculptures, food, museums, art galleries, shopping, and much more. The nightlife in France is very robust, and you will not find yourself alone in the crowd.
You can visit France anytime during the year. There is no hell and bound rule that you need to travel during the off-shoulders only. You can stay in the summer season too. However, the prices in peak time remain relatively high for both hotels and planes. If you want to travel without a hassle, then consider traveling for a minimum of six to seven days. You need to know that France is famous for many things and its distinct cuisine so don’t miss out. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and fasten your seatbelts, and get ready for an extraordinary journey!